Job Title: Planning Intern
Hiring Agency: City of Bloomington
Web Link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/bloomingtonmn/
Deadline: March 19, 2015
Salary Range: $16.40 - $17.15
The City of Bloomington is seeking a Planning Intern to start in April of 2015. The position will assist in the processing of land use applications and permits, perform office support duties and provide excellent customer service. This is a temporary position, lasting approximately 3 to 6 months. Approximately 20 - 40 hours per week.
- At least two years of college level coursework in urban planning or closely related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to readily learn various software applications.
- Valid driver's license.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in urban planning or closely related field.
- Work experience in a customer service setting.
- Proficiency with GIS software.
The City of Bloomington does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its services, programs, or activities. Upon request, accommodation will be provided to allow individuals with disabilities to participate in all City of Bloomington services, programs and activities.
Applications must be filed online at BloomingtonMN.gov.
Job Title: Planning Supervisor
Hiring Agency: Rice County Environmental Services Department
Web Link: http://www.co.rice.mn.us/employment
Deadline: March 23, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Salary Range: $29.34 - $38.14
The Planning Supervisor administers the activities and supervises staff of the Planning and Zoning program areas of Environmental Services Department (ES). Performs a variety of planning duties including conducting research, preparing planning reports, interacting with the general public, performing investigative fieldwork, and organizing/conducting public presentations and hearings. Evaluates conformance or nonconformance of development plans, based on planning expertise and knowledge and application of zoning, subdivision, shore land, flood plain, feedlot ordinances, and other state and federal rules and regulations.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Supervises the Zoning Administrator, Environmental Planner and Ag-Land Use Planner.
- Coordinates planning-related and other special projects to conduct a comprehensive analysis of county-wide issues and programs.
- Performs technical planning responsibilities with the development and implementation of Comprehensive Plans and other long-range plans including the transportation plan, park plan, economic development plan and water plan.
- Develops, modifies or drafts land use policies or zoning ordinances and makes recommendations to the Director.
- Provides leadership and technical planning assistance to elected officials, Planning Commission, or other interested parties on development projects including residential, commercial and industrial subdivisions.
- Conducts various types of public meetings, forums and hearings; prepares information for public distribution; and represents the county's policies and positions at community meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Urban Studies, Community Development, Environmental Studies or a related field and 5-7 years planning experience with at least 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably with a public governmental department or equivalent.
Master's Degree in Planning, Urban Studies, Community Development, Environmental Studies or a related field and experience with rural land use issues.
Hours: 40 hour work week. Evening meetings required.
*For a complete job description please visit our website at www.co.rice.mn.us/job-descriptions and search Planning Supervisor.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.co.rice.mn.us/employment.
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
320 NW 3rd Street
Faribault, MN 55021
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Conservation Technician
Hiring Agency: Todd County
Web Link: http://www.co.todd.mn.us
Deadline: April 3, 2015
Salary Range: $31,860 - $39,470
Primary contact for wetlands in the county. Field site visits, reviewing applications, and determining compliance with wetland rules. Other support activities such as well monitoring, construction site visits, and land use permitting.
Full instructions on Todd County Web site and in position announcement.
Job Title: Planning Intern
Hiring Agency: City of Eden Prairie
Web Link: http://www.edenprairie.org/
Deadline: April 10, 2015 or until filled
Salary Range: $12.00 - $14.00 per hour
The Planning Intern is part of the Planning Division within the Community Development Department and reports to the City Planner. During the internship, the incumbent will receive work direction from various planning staff. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
- Research architectural design ordinances, present findings and recommend updates to City staff, the Planning Commission and City Council.
- Participate with other City Staff and Consultants in the station area design process for light rail transit stations.
- Research additional ordinances, land use regulations, sign regulations, sustainable development initiatives, and public art regulations and report back findings as directed.
- Organize and update paper and electronic files and assist with field work such as photographing sites as directed.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees may be called upon to perform a variety of duties in their roles with the City.
Education: High School Diploma and at least three years of undergraduate studies in geography, urban studies, community development, landscape architecture, planning, or similar. A bachelor's degree and graduate studies in community development or related field is preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); data processing skills required. GIS experience is desired.
Please complete an application by going to www.edenprairie.org and selecting the employment link at the top of the website.
Job Title: Associate Planner
Hiring Agency: City of Eau Claire
Web Link: http://www.eauclairewi.gov/jobs
Deadline: April 12, 2015
Salary Range: $49,654 to $63,047 annually
The City of Eau Claire is accepting applicants for an Associate Planner position in the Community Development Department. This position will be part of a team that functions as the Development Services Division. Responsibilities include comprehensive planning, including data collection/analysis, report writing and public presentations; and development review, including zoning, subdivision, signs, floodplains and enforcement. The position will coordinate the City's development review process. A master's degree in City Planning or related field is desired with two or more years of related work experience. Knowledge or experience in city planning and AICP is preferred. Strong communication, writing, organizational, computer, GIS and interpersonal skills needed. Salary range: $49,654 to $63,047 annually, plus fringe benefits.
Apply online at www.EauClaireWI.gov/Jobs.
Job Title: Senior Planner/Project Manager
Hiring Agency: Stantec Consulting
Web Link: https://jobs-stantec.icims.com/jobs/21465/senior-planner-project-manager/job?mode=view
Salary Range: Negotiable
Come join us as a Senior Planner! We will put you to work immediately on an exciting and diverse set of projects. We are growing and this is a great time to join Stantec. The Senior Planner will work closely with Stantec's Planners and Landscape Architects on a diverse array of planning projects. We are looking for someone with strong client relationships who can help grow our business both in this region and nationally.
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience in planning, market research or land development.
- Bachelors Degree in Planning, Urban Studies, Geography, Landscape Architecture, or related field required.
- Masters Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Studies, Geography, Landscape Architecture, or related field preferred, but not required.
- AICP certified.
- Licensed Real Estate Salesperson or Broker (MN) preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with U.S. Census or other demographic data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with ArcGIS.
- Familiarity with Adobe software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
To apply directly to the position please click the link below:
Job Title: Real Estate Supervisor - Leasing and Land Management
Hiring Agency: Hennepin County
Web Link: http://www.hennepin.jobs
Deadline: open until filled
Salary Range: $54,431 - $84,812 Annually
The Land Management Division is seeking a well-versed real estate professional with leasing and land management experience who thrives in a highly collaborative team and client centric environment to fill the Real Estate Supervisor vacancy.
The Land Management Division of the Planning, Policy, and Land Management Department is responsible for meeting the land management/real estate needs of the county. This responsibility includes the management and administration of leasing activity, the acquisition of property to support county activities, the disposition of property surplus to county needs, and the management of the assets of the Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority. In collaboration with other county departments and Administration, the Land Management Division ensures that county land management/real estate needs are provided on a timely and economic basis.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in real estate, civil engineering, surveying, business, urban/regional/city planning, geography, or a related field and four or more years of professional experience with real property pre-acquisition or acquisition property appraisal, property leasing, or property management. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Professional certification and licensing as a real estate broker/representative preferred, but not required.
- Strong focus on providing exceptional customer service to both internal departments and external property owners.
- Demonstrated track record in the management of diverse real estate transactions.
- Knowledge of both private and public sector land acquisition and disposal processes.
- Knowledge of the principles of land development, construction, and property management.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Supervisory experience.
Hennepin County offers impressive benefits that include: comprehensive health and wellness package, employee discounts, retirement preparation and saving plans, various insurance protection, family benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To view the complete posting, visit our website at www.hennepin.jobs of Nashville SEO.
The posting is open until filled and may close at any time. Recruitment Representative: Leanne.Rajtar@hennepin.us.
Job Title: Extension Educator - Aquatic Invasive Species
Hiring Agency: University of Minnesota Extension
Web Link: https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=125215
Deadline: Application review begins November 21, 2014; open until filled
Salary Range: Depending on qualifications
The Extension Educator is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs for aquatic invasive species detection and response. These educational programs will focus on helping local governments, lake associations, and citizens groups plan, develop and implement science-based programs that prevent, monitor, and control the establishment and spread of state-listed aquatic invasive species.
To accomplish this, the AIS Extension Educator will: 1) help identify and prioritize the most pressing aquatic invasive species challenges in different regions of Minnesota, 2) work with established Extension programs (e.g., Minnesota Master Naturalists) to develop AIS-focused educational programs, 3) assist in developing educational partnerships among state and local governments, lake associations, and citizens organizations, 4) assist these partners in implementing on-the-ground AIS detection and control projects, and 5) assist in securing funding to sustain AIS project efforts.
The AIS Extension Educator will be affiliated with the Minnesota Aquatic Invasive Species Research Center (MAISRC) and act as a critical interface between local community groups, university scientists, and state natural resource agency managers with the intent of building local capacity to respond to AIS threats. The AIS Extension Educator will coordinate with other Extension Educators and Specialists involved in AIS programming, and operate as a team. The AIS Extension Educator will also coordinate communications efforts with MAISRC communications staff. The Educator will interpret and disseminate the latest research findings using a variety of delivery and communication strategies appropriate for the intended target audience, including but not limited to workshops, classes, webcasts, social media, publications, mass media and community coalitions.
For the full list of responsibilities and required qualifications, please visit https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=125215.
Please apply online via the Employment System at https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=125215.
- Cover letter
- Transcripts for all college work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the application stage). To submit transcripts online, attach them to the "additional document" section of the "Optional Documents".
- Names and contact information for three professional references. To submit list of professional references online, attach them to the "references" section of the "Required Documents".
If your unofficial transcripts cannot be submitted online send them to the address below. To check the status of your application, log-in to the University of Minnesota employment website at https://employment.umn.edu/. To log-in, you will need the user name and password you create when you apply for the position.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION CONTACT Naaz Babvani, Extension Human Resources 260 Coffey Hall, 1420 Eckles Avenue, University of Minnesota St. Paul, MN 55108 Telephone: 612-624-3717 Fax: 612-624-7749 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE POSITION CONTACT Nathan J. Meyer Program Leader for the Extension Center for Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences University of Minnesota Extension Cloquet Regional Office
179 University Road
Cloquet, MN 55720
Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
The University of Minnesota Extension is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Job Title: Sr. Transportation Planner / Federal Environmental
Hiring Agency: WSB & Associates, Inc
Web Link: http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/80161?appsource=mnapa
Salary Range: DOE
WSB is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner/Federal Environmental Document Planner for our Minneapolis office.
What You Will Do: As a Senior Transportation Planner, you will lead transportation planning, environmental documentation and grant writing projects of all sizes. Typical projects include: long-range transportation plans, corridor studies, sub-area plans, pedestrian and bicycle plans, federal environmental documents and grants at the regional, state and national level. As part of job, you will be expected to write technical reports and memos; develop materials for public and agency meetings, correspond with internal and external clients, and coordinate with multiple agencies/organizations and the public. You will also be expected to help create, track and meet project budgets and schedules.
In terms of technical skills, you will be expected to be able to apply transportation methods, planning principles, standard industry evaluations and analyses to produce transportation projects of all sizes. Typical analyses require an understanding of functional classification, roadway jurisdiction, crashes, future traffic projections/forecasts, capacity, benefit-cost analyses, multi-modal planning and integration, alternatives evaluation, socio-economic data and environmental impacts.
In addition to having the technical skills necessary to lead projects, you will be required to develop and maintain relationships with clients and industry contacts for marketing and business development purposes. This will include participating in the development of proposals.
What You Will Bring: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program and their AICP certification and/or a Minnesota PE license. The successful candidate will have at least seven years' experience in the transportation planning/environmental documentation field. Our preferred candidate will have their Master's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program.
Who We Are: WSB is a regionally recognized leader in providing diverse engineering, planning, environmental and construction services. We are a first-generation, locally-owned firm with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Northfield, Burnsville and Bismarck. We were named to the StarTribune's 2013 and 2014 Top 100 Workplaces in Minnesota and the 2005 and 2014 Zweig Group Hot Firm List! WSB has more than 250 staff members comprising engineers, planners, landscape architects, environmental scientists, geographic information specialists, programmers, surveyors and economists, who provide our clients with the skills and services that they cannot complete on their own.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates should apply on-line at http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/80161?appsource=mnapa.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor - Land Use Planning
Hiring Agency: Dunwoody College of Technology
Web Link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9232051
Salary Range: DOQ
Dunwoody College of Technology currently has the need for Adjunct Instructors in the Surveying & Civil Engineering Technology program housed in the Construction Sciences & Building Technology department.
Dunwoody's construction programs provide students the essential information required to start a career in a related construction field. Themes prevalent throughout the programs include industry standards and best practices, documentation, and the value of time, money and resources. Graduates of the construction programs will be suited to be the next generation of leaders in the construction industry.
The successful candidate will have the ability to disseminate the technical information required to the students along with applying the candidate's own industry experiences to reinforce the prevalent theories in the program.
SCVL1230 - Land Use Planning | Credits 4.00
Introduction to the planning process used to develop land with an emphasis on land use for public and private needs in a community.
- Duration: Spring 2015 semester (1/5/15 - 5/15/15)
- Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 8:50 pm
This position is responsible for initiating the teaching and learning process with a focus on continuous improvement; creating an environment in which students can accomplish the learning competencies of the course of instruction; maintaining, updating, designing and developing new curriculum. The result should be students' abilities to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, ethics, and use of proper tools to meet industry and professional business standards.
- Maintains curriculum on campus network.
- Facilitates learning activities so that students learn the theory, principles, skills, and work ethic required of a Dunwoody alumni.
- Creates a classroom environment that cultivates and advances learning.
- Monitors, assesses and advises learners on technical and academic progress and performance.
- Applies current academic and industry practices to instruction.
- Maintains, updates, designs and/or develops new curriculum.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent with a Master's degree preferred.
- PE preferred for applicable courses
- 1-3 years professional teaching experience in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related industry experience.
- Membership in related industry organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and motivated independently.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use electronic technology and online resources to support the management and delivery of instruction.
Interested candidates must apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9232051.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOT’s Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at email@example.com or 952-402-9202.
Job Title: Senior Transportation Planner
Hiring Agency: WSB & Associates, Inc.
Web Link: http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/58513?source=ccp&key=LV%2ftT8zjYzC8tscZXH58YOylHb65Q4VjefRwlwTQeEE%3d
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
We are seeking a Senior Transportation Planner for our Minneapolis office.
What You Will Do: As a Senior Transportation Planner, you will lead environmental and transportation planning projects of all sizes. You will develop and maintain excellent client relationships with industry contacts for marketing and business development purposes through in-person and electronic communications. You will also create, track and meet project budgets and schedules which often include working with other functions and directing the work of less-experienced staff. You will use your excellent written communication skills to: prepare requests for proposals, technical reports and memos; develop materials for public and agency meetings; correspond with internal staff and clients; meet with stakeholders; and coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups. Your presentation and public speaking skills will help as you lead proposal interviews, stakeholder activities and public meetings; communicate and interact with the public, clients and sub-consultants.
You will apply transportation methods, planning principles, standard industry evaluations and analyses to produce transportation projects of all sizes. Typical analyses require an understanding of functional classification, roadway jurisdiction, crashes, future traffic projections/forecasts, capacity, benefit-cost analyses, multi-modal integration, alternatives evaluation, socio-economic data and environmental impacts. Projects will include corridor studies, bicycle and pedestrian plans, transportation plans, sub-area plans, environmental documents and components of larger community planning efforts.
What You Will Bring: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program and their AICP certification and/or a Minnesota PE license. The successful candidate will have seven years' experience in a broad base of transportation planning practices, activities and studies to include writing federal environmental documents and transportation / corridor plans. Our preferred candidate will have their Master's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program.
Who We Are: WSB is an energetic professional consulting and design firm with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Northfield and Bismarck. We were named to the StarTribune's Top 100 Workplaces in Minnesota for the second consecutive year! WSB has more than 250 staff members who provide diverse engineering, planning, environmental, and construction services to clients in the government, energy, and commercial markets. Our services also include GIS, landscape architecture, right of way, and surveying.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on-line at http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/58513?appsource=mnapa.