Job Title: Planning Director
Hiring Agency: City of Dickinson
Web Link: www.dickinsongov.com
Deadline: February 6, 2015
Salary Range: $68,142 (min) to $86,881 (mid) Annually
How would you like to work for the second fastest growing micropolitan in the USA per US Census? Best small town, ranked by Livability.com in 2013. Dickinson is a city of approximately 28,000 located on the western edge of North Dakota and is a key part of North Dakota's strong economy. Booming job growth in the energy sector, a vibrant workforce, and great opportunities have made Dickinson a great place to build your career.
Dickinson is the gateway to Theodore Roosevelt National Park and home to Dickinson State University. Lake Sakakawea, the largest of the mainstream reservoirs on the Missouri River is less than an hour's drive. You will find unspoiled open spaces, friendly people and quality neighborhoods.
The Planning Director supervises planning staff. Under general policy direction from the City Administrator, this position ensures the development and administration of planning entitlements, plans, ordinances, and policies relating to the maintenance and enhancement of the physical and social development effects of the City, including coordinating the City's current and long-range planning functions, land use management, zoning and development review.
Education & Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Community Planning, Public Administration, Engineering, Geography or related field, Master's Degree preferred.
- Six or more years of previous professional planning experience, preferably municipal planning, at least three years at a managerial level; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Valid Driver's License.
- AICP certification desired.
To apply, please submit a City application which can be found at www.dickinsongov.com. Resumes and salary expectations are required. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is close of business on Friday, February 6th, 2015. Late applications will not be accepted. For more information, please contact Shelly at 701-456-7801 or via email (email@example.com).
Job Title: Associate Planner
Hiring Agency: City of Brooklyn Park
Web Link: http://www.brooklynpark.org/employment/
Deadline: February 9, 2015
Salary Range: $4,641.87 - $6,279.87 Monthly
The City of Brooklyn Park, the sixth largest municipality in Minnesota is seeking applicants for an Associate Planner position. Join a motivated and active staff that supports the city's mission: Brooklyn Park, a thriving community inspiring pride where opportunities exist for all.
This position is a great opportunity for a motivated and talented person who is committed to learning and growing in the field of community development. This position functions in a professional support capacity within the Planning Division and performs tasks associated with the City's current and long-range planning efforts, redevelopment, light rail planning, and a variety of other things. Also includes providing customer service at the CD counter, assisting with communication needs and working on special projects.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.brooklynpark.org.
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Hiring Agency: Minnesota Housing
Web Link: http://www.mnhousing.gov
Deadline: February 9, 2015
Salary Range: $65,501 - $94,566
Minnesota Housing is hiring! We're a mission-focused bank looking for a strong Business Operations Manager to manage business operations and staff and participate in Agency-wide strategic and resource planning. You will be supervising a team of 13 and your primary responsibilities will be in technology and systems support, Quality Control, reporting and business processes.
Essential Job Duties
- Supervise team staff including: hiring, developing work plans, development and training, performance reviews, promotions, coaching, mentoring, employee appreciation, and in leadership.
- Establish criteria and implement process improvement efforts for Division business operations.
- Plan and assure execution of cross-Division processes and provide oversight to business analysis.
- Assure focus areas are supportive of the Agency's strategic plan and the Division annual plan are appropriately and successfully addressed for assigned business area.
- Oversee the business operational activities to implement identified program activities.
- Actively support, participate in, or lead initiatives or teams to meet Agency/Division goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other division managers and Agency leadership to execute and meet shared goals and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, operations management or related degree
- Five years' experience in operations management
- Experience in residential mortgage lending and mortgage industry operations management
- Strategic planning skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Effective Leadership, delegation and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Please visit our website and click on the Jobs tab to view the full job description and to apply for the position.
Job Title: Senior Planner
Hiring Agency: Grand Forks - East Grand Forks MPO
Web Link: http://theforksmpo.org/Pages/JobOpportunities.htm
Deadline: February 13, 2015 by 5 p.m.
Salary Range: Hiring Salary $61,863 to $77,328
Perform professional duties to ensure MPO planning and programming responsibilities create a successful forum of cooperation among various federal, state and local partners; multi-functional duties related to transportation and land use.
Visit the website to obtain application and instructions.
Job Title: Executive Director
Hiring Agency: GTS Educational Events
Web Link: https://www.scribd.com/doc/252626509/GTS-Educational-Events-Executive-Director
Deadline: February 13, 2015
Salary Range: Competitive
Ballinger | Leafblad is pleased to be conducting a search on behalf of GTS Educational Events for an Executive Director.
The Executive Director at GTS Educational Events is a strategic leader who reports to and serves as a member of the Board of Directors. This position oversees a staff of 11 professional employees. The annual budget for the organization is $2 million; most of this is earned income from programs.
The Executive Director serves as the staff executive on its Board of Directors. He or she recruits, manages, and supervises GTS staff, directs the financial operations of the organization and focuses the organization on the attainment of short-term and long-term goals.
The Executive Director provides leadership to the Board in planning for future of the organization and, based on Board direction, develops and oversees annual objectives. As a hands-on leader, the Executive Director handles some direct program planning for specific assignments. The Executive Director has a broad set of responsibilities across executive, human resources, financial, strategic and operational areas.
The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree, ideally in Education, Training and Development, Adult and Continuing Education, Non-Profit Management, Organizational Leadership or a related field. He or she will have at least five years of leadership experience, preferably in a government entity or non-profit organization with education as a focus.
A track record of effectively leading a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff is desired, along with a strong network of contacts in related entities who serve communities.
This is a managerial position. Proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience is important for this role. For a full profile, please visit https://www.scribd.com/doc/252626509/GTS-Educational-Events-Executive-Director.
See application information at https://www.scribd.com/doc/252626509/GTS-Educational-Events-Executive-Director.
Job Title: Planning & Zoning Administrator
Hiring Agency: City of Nisswa
Web Link: http://ci.nisswa.mn.us
Deadline: February 20, 2015
Salary Range: $40,000-$50,000
Overview: The Nisswa Planning and Zoning Administrator implements and manages land use ordinances for the City of Nisswa, Minnesota. Keeps the Nisswa Planning Commission and Board of Adjustment and the City Council informed of proposed ordinance changes, and reports directly to the Mayor/Council Liaison.
- College degree in Planning/Urban Studies or related field (or commensurate experience).
- General understanding of the principles and practices of planning, zoning, economic development, etc.
- Ability to conduct site review and land use related inspections and document findings.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Valid driver's license.
- Public relation skills.
- High level of computer skills including Microsoft Office, GIS, and web page operations. Computer literacy is a strong plus.
- Developing a working knowledge of the City's Zoning Ordinances and Comprehensive Plan, policies, and procedures as they relate to land use planning.
- Have strong working knowledge of land use law, statutory planning authority and water resource protection regulations.
- Take inquiries and respond to questions regarding Planning & Zoning matters.
- Accept applications for permits and collect required fees.
- Prepare notices, supervise mailings, prepare publications, filing data and notices to owners, verifying compliance with conditions set for in conditional use permits and/or variance approvals. Coordinate with the City Attorney, City Engineer, department heads and staff as appropriate.
- Prepare meeting agendas, coordinate Planning & Zoning tours and meetings. Prepare background materials for permits and variance requests. Record minutes of all Planning & Zoning meetings.
- Determine necessary ordinance changes and make recommendations to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Manage Planning & Zoning's computer database and files related to permanent and current ordinance information. Records include maps, amendments, zoning or use permits, CUP's, variances, appeals, applications, certificates of compliance for on-site sewer treatment systems and a file for future conditions and expirations of permits.
- Notify applicants of Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment decisions and file necessary recording documents with the County Recorder pursuant to Minnesota Statutes.
- Enforce Planning & Zoning violations through the adopted guidelines.
- Attend City Council meetings as needed where Planning & Zoning related issues are agenda items. Provide professional support to City Council as requested and in a timely manner.
- Represent the City and/or Planning & Zoning Commission at County or other municipality's Planning & Zoning functions when requested.
- Make follow-up inspections on all CUP's and variances granted when physical changes occur on the property. Conduct site inspections on selected properties for which land use permits have been issued.
- Assist applicants in finding solutions to problems within the scope of the City's Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Subdivision Ordinances.
- Manage time and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the City's Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Coordinate the review process for the Comprehensive Plan on bi-annual basis.
- Serve as a member of the Public Works committee.
- Do ERC Assessment inspections and calculate initial assessments with the help of the Public Works Supervisor.
- Work closely with the City Engineer and Public Works Supervisor to implement mapping/computer programs.
- Develop, review and supervise the budget for the Planning & Zoning Department.
- Enforce Ordinance #92 re: Individual Sewage Treatment Systems.
- Enforce Ordinance #93 re: Transient Merchants and Temporary Vendors.
- Maintain contact with other city departments for the purposes of either disseminating or gathering information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Council..
Normal working hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some night meetings and additional work hours to complete the essential functions may also be required. Punctuality and minimal absences required. This position is covered by a union contract.
Application available on city website.
Job Title: Community Development Director
Hiring Agency: City of Orono
Web Link: http://www.ci.orono.mn.us
Deadline: February 27, 2015
Salary Range: $66,936 - $89,249
The City of Orono is seeking candidates for the position of Community Development Director. This leadership position is responsible for managing the effective delivery of service relating to all development. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree in Urban Planning or a related field; and six years of experience in planning activities. Preferred candidates will have excellent management abilities and supervisory experience. Additional requirements are listed in the job description. The salary range is $66,936 - $89,249 plus an excellent benefit package.
To ensure consideration a cover letter, current resume and completed City application is required by February 27, 2015 to: City Administrator, City of Orono, 2750 Kelley Parkway, Orono, MN 55356. Download the employment application and job description from the City's website at www.ci.orono.mn.us.
Job Title: Real Estate Supervisor - Leasing and Land Management
Hiring Agency: Hennepin County
Web Link: http://www.hennepin.jobs
Deadline: open until filled
Salary Range: $54,431 - $84,812 Annually
The Land Management Division is seeking a well-versed real estate professional with leasing and land management experience who thrives in a highly collaborative team and client centric environment to fill the Real Estate Supervisor vacancy.
The Land Management Division of the Planning, Policy, and Land Management Department is responsible for meeting the land management/real estate needs of the county. This responsibility includes the management and administration of leasing activity, the acquisition of property to support county activities, the disposition of property surplus to county needs, and the management of the assets of the Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority. In collaboration with other county departments and Administration, the Land Management Division ensures that county land management/real estate needs are provided on a timely and economic basis.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in real estate, civil engineering, surveying, business, urban/regional/city planning, geography, or a related field and four or more years of professional experience with real property pre-acquisition or acquisition property appraisal, property leasing, or property management. Experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Professional certification and licensing as a real estate broker/representative preferred, but not required.
- Strong focus on providing exceptional customer service to both internal departments and external property owners.
- Demonstrated track record in the management of diverse real estate transactions.
- Knowledge of both private and public sector land acquisition and disposal processes.
- Knowledge of the principles of land development, construction, and property management.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Supervisory experience.
Hennepin County offers impressive benefits that include: comprehensive health and wellness package, employee discounts, retirement preparation and saving plans, various insurance protection, family benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To view the complete posting, visit our website at www.hennepin.jobs.
The posting is open until filled and may close at any time. Recruitment Representative: Leanne.Rajtar@hennepin.us.
Job Title: Extension Educator - Aquatic Invasive Species
Hiring Agency: University of Minnesota Extension
Web Link: https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=125215
Deadline: Application review begins November 21, 2014; open until filled
Salary Range: Depending on qualifications
The Extension Educator is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs for aquatic invasive species detection and response. These educational programs will focus on helping local governments, lake associations, and citizens groups plan, develop and implement science-based programs that prevent, monitor, and control the establishment and spread of state-listed aquatic invasive species.
To accomplish this, the AIS Extension Educator will: 1) help identify and prioritize the most pressing aquatic invasive species challenges in different regions of Minnesota, 2) work with established Extension programs (e.g., Minnesota Master Naturalists) to develop AIS-focused educational programs, 3) assist in developing educational partnerships among state and local governments, lake associations, and citizens organizations, 4) assist these partners in implementing on-the-ground AIS detection and control projects, and 5) assist in securing funding to sustain AIS project efforts.
The AIS Extension Educator will be affiliated with the Minnesota Aquatic Invasive Species Research Center (MAISRC) and act as a critical interface between local community groups, university scientists, and state natural resource agency managers with the intent of building local capacity to respond to AIS threats. The AIS Extension Educator will coordinate with other Extension Educators and Specialists involved in AIS programming, and operate as a team. The AIS Extension Educator will also coordinate communications efforts with MAISRC communications staff. The Educator will interpret and disseminate the latest research findings using a variety of delivery and communication strategies appropriate for the intended target audience, including but not limited to workshops, classes, webcasts, social media, publications, mass media and community coalitions.
For the full list of responsibilities and required qualifications, please visit https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=125215.
Please apply online via the Employment System at https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=125215.
- Cover letter
- Transcripts for all college work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the application stage). To submit transcripts online, attach them to the "additional document" section of the "Optional Documents".
- Names and contact information for three professional references. To submit list of professional references online, attach them to the "references" section of the "Required Documents".
If your unofficial transcripts cannot be submitted online send them to the address below. To check the status of your application, log-in to the University of Minnesota employment website at https://employment.umn.edu/. To log-in, you will need the user name and password you create when you apply for the position.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION CONTACT Naaz Babvani, Extension Human Resources 260 Coffey Hall, 1420 Eckles Avenue, University of Minnesota St. Paul, MN 55108 Telephone: 612-624-3717 Fax: 612-624-7749 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE POSITION CONTACT Nathan J. Meyer Program Leader for the Extension Center for Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences University of Minnesota Extension Cloquet Regional Office
179 University Road
Cloquet, MN 55720
Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
The University of Minnesota Extension is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status or sexual orientation.
Job Title: Adjunct Instructor - Land Use Planning
Hiring Agency: Dunwoody College of Technology
Web Link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9232051
Salary Range: DOQ
Dunwoody College of Technology currently has the need for Adjunct Instructors in the Surveying & Civil Engineering Technology program housed in the Construction Sciences & Building Technology department.
Dunwoody's construction programs provide students the essential information required to start a career in a related construction field. Themes prevalent throughout the programs include industry standards and best practices, documentation, and the value of time, money and resources. Graduates of the construction programs will be suited to be the next generation of leaders in the construction industry.
The successful candidate will have the ability to disseminate the technical information required to the students along with applying the candidate's own industry experiences to reinforce the prevalent theories in the program.
SCVL1230 - Land Use Planning | Credits 4.00
Introduction to the planning process used to develop land with an emphasis on land use for public and private needs in a community.
- Duration: Spring 2015 semester (1/5/15 - 5/15/15)
- Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am - 8:50 pm
This position is responsible for initiating the teaching and learning process with a focus on continuous improvement; creating an environment in which students can accomplish the learning competencies of the course of instruction; maintaining, updating, designing and developing new curriculum. The result should be students' abilities to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, ethics, and use of proper tools to meet industry and professional business standards.
- Maintains curriculum on campus network.
- Facilitates learning activities so that students learn the theory, principles, skills, and work ethic required of a Dunwoody alumni.
- Creates a classroom environment that cultivates and advances learning.
- Monitors, assesses and advises learners on technical and academic progress and performance.
- Applies current academic and industry practices to instruction.
- Maintains, updates, designs and/or develops new curriculum.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Surveying, Civil Engineering or equivalent with a Master's degree preferred.
- PE preferred for applicable courses
- 1-3 years professional teaching experience in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related industry experience.
- Membership in related industry organizations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and motivated independently.
- Ability to express self clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use electronic technology and online resources to support the management and delivery of instruction.
Interested candidates must apply online at https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9232051.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOTís Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at email@example.com or 952-402-9202.
Job Title: Senior Transportation Planner
Hiring Agency: WSB & Associates, Inc.
Web Link: http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/58513?source=ccp&key=LV%2ftT8zjYzC8tscZXH58YOylHb65Q4VjefRwlwTQeEE%3d
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
We are seeking a Senior Transportation Planner for our Minneapolis office.
What You Will Do: As a Senior Transportation Planner, you will lead environmental and transportation planning projects of all sizes. You will develop and maintain excellent client relationships with industry contacts for marketing and business development purposes through in-person and electronic communications. You will also create, track and meet project budgets and schedules which often include working with other functions and directing the work of less-experienced staff. You will use your excellent written communication skills to: prepare requests for proposals, technical reports and memos; develop materials for public and agency meetings; correspond with internal staff and clients; meet with stakeholders; and coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups. Your presentation and public speaking skills will help as you lead proposal interviews, stakeholder activities and public meetings; communicate and interact with the public, clients and sub-consultants.
You will apply transportation methods, planning principles, standard industry evaluations and analyses to produce transportation projects of all sizes. Typical analyses require an understanding of functional classification, roadway jurisdiction, crashes, future traffic projections/forecasts, capacity, benefit-cost analyses, multi-modal integration, alternatives evaluation, socio-economic data and environmental impacts. Projects will include corridor studies, bicycle and pedestrian plans, transportation plans, sub-area plans, environmental documents and components of larger community planning efforts.
What You Will Bring: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program and their AICP certification and/or a Minnesota PE license. The successful candidate will have seven years' experience in a broad base of transportation planning practices, activities and studies to include writing federal environmental documents and transportation / corridor plans. Our preferred candidate will have their Master's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program.
Who We Are: WSB is an energetic professional consulting and design firm with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Northfield and Bismarck. We were named to the StarTribune's Top 100 Workplaces in Minnesota for the second consecutive year! WSB has more than 250 staff members who provide diverse engineering, planning, environmental, and construction services to clients in the government, energy, and commercial markets. Our services also include GIS, landscape architecture, right of way, and surveying.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on-line at http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/58513?appsource=mnapa.