Job Title: RFQ - Oxford St Redevelelopment Plan
Hiring Agency: City of Worthington
Web Link: http://www.ci.worthington.mn.us/public-notice/2014/07/31/oxford-street-redevelopment-plan
Deadline: August 21, 2014
Salary Range: NA
The City of Worthington is seeking a qualified planning firm with experience in redevelopment planning to assist with the creation of the Oxford Street Redevelopment Plan.
Interested and qualified firms are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications for this project as outlined in the RFQ, which is available through the provided web link. The submittal deadline is August 21, 2014.
Job Title: City Planner
Hiring Agency: City of Chaska
Web Link: www.chaskamn.com
Deadline: August 25, 2014
Salary Range: $58,104 - $75,480
The City of Chaska is seeking a qualified individual for the full time position of City Planner. This position is an integral part of an innovative Planning Department that plans, manages, and implements a challenging variety of projects, including: new urbanism and traditional developments, redevelopment, and historic preservation.
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Urban Design, Planning, Architecture, or a closely related field with two (2) or more years of progressively responsible experience is desired. Strong understanding of urban design principles is necessary. Knowledge of computer applications is necessary with GIS experience a plus.
To apply please visit our website at www.chaskamn.com and click on the employment opportunity information link. Please send your application, resume, and cover letter to the City of Chaska Attn: HR 1 City Hall Plaza Chaska, MN 55318 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 952-448-9300. All application materials must be submitted to Human Resources by August 25th, 2014.
Job Title: RFQ: Re-Envision 2030: Building on Community Progress to Achieve More
Hiring Agency: City of Fort Dodge
Web Link: http://www.fortdodgeiowa.org/
Deadline: August 29, 2014
Salary Range: NA
A qualified planning consultant is sought to assist the City of Fort Dodge in developing a comprehensive plan. The City's existing comprehensive plan dates back to 1970. In 2007, the City underwent an extensive public visioning and input process when its form of government changed. Envision 2030 documented that and was the impetus to much community change. City leaders complete a five-year strategic plan based on Envision 2030 that is reviewed annually. Envision 2030 needs to be revisited to be effective and stay relevant to the communityís activities and goals.
Instructions are available on the RFQ document on the City's web site.
Job Title: Planning Director Transportation
Hiring Agency: MN Department of Transportation
Web Link: http://mn.gov/careers
Deadline: September 3, 2014
Salary Range: $30.44 - $43.75
MnDOT District 8, headquartered in Willmar, invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Planning Director. Enjoy the relaxing smaller town life of Willmar, a community of 20,000 people located two hours west of Minneapolis-St. Paul. The Willmar Lakes Area contains 360 lakes for boating and fishing, state recreational trails for bicycling and 200 miles of trails for snowmobiling and cross country skiing.
The position is responsible for directing and managing the coordination and integration of District 8's transportation plans, studies, and investment programs. Qualified applicants should have:
- Experience and leadership skills supervising or directing professional staff in transportation planning and program management.
- Experience working with transportation investment plans and integration of multiple modes.
- Experience leading public outreach elements with multi-functional work groups, preferably in the development of district and state short and long range plans. This would include demonstrated ability to effectively engage the public in the planning process.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to successfully interact and create strong relations with management, external stakeholders, and MnDOT staff.
- Fiscal management experience with large complex budgets.
- Knowledge of transportation engineering principles, the construction industry and standards, policies and programs of a DOT.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Planning or a related field
- Two years professional supervisory experience OR three years of experience in transportation planning methods and practices at or involving the statewide level.
Apply on-line at http://mm.gov/careers
Step 1) Create user ID and password
Step 2) Input and submit resume
Step 3) Apply to posting #14DOT000352. "Apply to" check box is listed at the bottom of the posting.
Please provide a summary of your experience and education along with your written expression of interest and resume by September 3, 2014.
Job Title: Urban Planner/Project Planner
Hiring Agency: MSA Professional Services
Web Link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/
Salary Range: Depends of Experience Level
MSA Professional Services, Inc. is an employee owned multi-disciplined consulting firm with over 300 employees in four states focused on developing better ideas to implement better solutions for our clients. We work with municipalities and government agencies to improve and maintain an exceptional quality of life for people across the Upper Midwest.
We are currently seeking a full-time employee to work with our municipal clients to provide planning and funding assistance for a variety of clients. This person will collaborate with engineering staff in our Minnesota offices and leaders of our multi-state community planning practice to help grow our planning services in Minnesota. MSA provides planning and design services to public and private clients in a variety of settings and addresses issues ranging from transportation and land use to economic development and park planning.
Location: St Paul, MN
- Identify and evaluate potential community planning clients and projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff and elected officials in target communities
- Write and edit community planning project scopes and proposals
- Serve as project manager and principal planner for Minnesota planning projects
- Attend and facilitate public meetings and project committee meetings
- Write and produce plan documents with assistance as needed from planners in other offices
- Participate as a member of APA-MN
- Participate in MSA's Planning "Community of Practice"
- Identify project funding opportunities (for planning, engineering, or construction) and assist with grant applications as needed.
- Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration, or related degree is required
- 5 or more years of planning experience including comprehensive plans, amendments, and neighborhood/downtown planning required
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills required
- A track record of successful project management, public meeting facilitation, and marketing experience is preferred
- Minnesota municipal funding or grant knowledge would be a plus
Apply with your resume and cover letter at www.msa-ps.com. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOTís Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at email@example.com or 952-402-9202.