Lunning Wende Associates an architecture and planning firm located in Lowertown, Saint Paul (275 East Fourth Street, Suite 620) has three workstations for lease. Great natural light. On the new Central Corridor light rail line. Engaged professional studio environment. Additionally: reception area, conference room, small kitchen, copier and plotter. Access to our phone system can be arranged. Workstations average size is 8x10 feet with additional storage. $300/month/each.
Contact Scott Wende: 651.221.0915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Planning Intern
Hiring Agency: City of Lake Elmo
Web Link: http://www.lakeelmo.org
Deadline: April 18, 2014
Salary Range: $10/hour
The City of Lake Elmo is offering a seasonal internship position in its Community Development Department to commence approximately at the beginning of June 2014 and end approximately at the end of August 2014. The person selected for this position will provide support to the department and gain experience working in a local planning office. The City is currently working on a number of exciting and challenging projects, including the extension of a regional sewer system into the community, various updates to its zoning regulations, developing a comprehensive trail plan, conducting market research analysis with the business community, and the review of new development projects in the community's sanitary sewer service areas.
Deadline for application is April 18, 2014. Please submit a resume, letter of interest, and application for consideration to email@example.com or the following address:
City of Lake Elmo
3800 Laverne Avenue North
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Job Title: Planning and Development Director
Hiring Agency: Eau Claire County
Web Link: www.co.eau-claire.wi.us
Deadline: April 20th, 2014
Salary Range: $74,547.20 - $93,267.20 Annually
Performs administrative professional planning work directing the activities of the Planning and Development Department which involves responsibility for: the efficient operation of the department; formulation of policies and procedures; coordinating the activities of all the department's functional units; establishing and maintaining liaison with other department heads, governmental officials and community groups.
Go to the webpage at www.co.eau-claire.wi.us. Click on the Job Opportunities tab located on the top of the page.
Job Title: Planning and Development Director
Hiring Agency: City of Ashland
Web Link: www.ci.ashland.wi.us
Deadline: April 21, 2014
Salary Range: DOQ
The Planning & Development Director position is a senior management position which performs professional and administrative duties related to city planning, zoning, and code enforcement duties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, initiating, implementing, monitoring, and updating municipal planning activities and community designs, grant writing, facilitating and reviewing all residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional development and redevelopment proposals, and guiding growth to appropriate areas of the City.
For complete job description and application information, visit the City of Ashland website at www.ci.ashland.wi.us or contact Patti Ekstrom at 715-682-7071.
To be considered for this position, please send an application, cover letter, resume and required application materials to the following address so they are received no later than 4 p.m., Monday, April 21, 2014.
City of Ashland
Attn: Patti Ekstrom
601 West Main Street
Ashland, WI 54806
Job Title: Management Analyst
Hiring Agency: City of River Falls
Web Link: www.rfcity.org
Deadline: April 27, 2014
Salary Range: $44,574.40 - $61.131.20
The City of River Falls has an opening for a FT Management Analyst (Salary range $44,574.40 - $61,131.20 DOQ). Competitive benefit package. To see a detailed position description, qualifications, and apply, visit www.rfcity.org. Position closing date for application submittal is 04/27/14. WI Residency Requirement.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
To apply, visit http://www.rfcity.org and click on the "Apply" link.
Job Title: Assistant Transportation Planner
Hiring Agency: WCWRPC/Chippewa-Eau Claire MPO
Web Link: www.wcwrpc.org
Deadline: May 16, 2014
Salary Range: $40-45,000, with exc. benefits
The Chippewa-Eau Claire Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and the West Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (WCWRPC) are seeking to fill a professional position requiring knowledge of land use and transportation planning, the understanding that transportation is integral to the fabric of strong communities and regions, and a strong commitment and dedication to the field.
The MPO is responsible for meeting federal and state requirements for a multi-modal transportation planning program for the Eau Claire urbanized area, with a population just over 100,000 persons within Eau Claire and Chippewa counties. The MPO is housed in the WCWRPC, a seven-county, multidisciplinary planning agency located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, partnering with local governments in fulfilling their economic development, community development, transportation, housing, and comprehensive planning needs. The successful candidate will primarily assist senior level staff in highway, transit, bicycle, pedestrian, and freight planning within the urbanized area, and will also assist in some projects in the rural areas of the region.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses superior written and verbal skills, excellent interpersonal skills, strong PC skills, a general enthusiasm for transportation, and is team oriented. GIS competency is a plus. A bachelor's degree in planning, transportation, or related field, is required with a master's degree being desirable. Candidates must possess at least two years of experience in planning, preferably transportation planning, or a related field. Starting start date is July 1, 2014.
Send cover letter and resume to Ann Z. Schell, WCWRPC, 900 Wisconsin St., Mailbox #9, Eau Claire, WI 54703; or email same to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Deputy Director of Community Development
Hiring Agency: City of Neenah
Web Link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/neenahwi/default.cfm
Deadline: May 20, 2014
Salary Range: $58,403 - $87,614
The City of Neenah Department of Community Development and Assessment is seeking a full time Deputy Director. Qualified candidates will have excellent oral and written communication skills; will be highly organized with strong analytical ability and initiative; and will be able to undertake multiple tasks. Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Urban/Regional Planning or related field, three years municipal planning experience, economic development experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. General knowledge of Assessment functions is helpful. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Starting salary is negotiable, up to the midpoint of the range, depending on experience. The City of Neenah offers health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, participation in Wisconsin Retirement System, and paid sick leave and vacation.
To be considered for this position, please apply through our online application system, which can be found at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/neenahwi/default.cfm. Please attach a cover letter and resume to your online application by following system instructions. Applications without a cover letter and resume cannot be considered.
Please submit your application as soon as possible. Position will remain open until filled. The City of Neenah is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOT’s Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at email@example.com or 952-402-9202.
Job Title: Senior Planner
Hiring Agency: SEH Inc.
Web Link: https://careers.sehinc.com/
Salary Range: TBD
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is a multi-disciplined firm of engineers, architects, planners, and scientists known for our comprehensive technical capabilities and superior client service, which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We've been in business for 85 years serving both public and private clients from more than 30 offices across the Midwest, Colorado, and Wyoming.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a team that provides exceptional service to our clients, and we have an immediate Full-Time opportunity for a Sr Planner within our Transportation Planning Practice Center located in St Paul, MN.
Responsibilities for this position include conducting transportation planning studies, environmental documentation and corridor studies. The environmental documentation will include state Environmental Assessment Worksheets and federal Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements. This position will work independently and as part of teams to prepare draft and final corridor studies, project reports, technical memos and assist in marketing all types of transportation planning consulting projects. The qualified individual will interact with clients on behalf of the company on projects including project meetings, public meetings and workshops.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Planning with an emphasis in transportation or related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of consulting and/or public sector experience in transportation planning.
- Licensed Professional Engineer and/or Certified Planner in the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain registration within six months of employment.
- Understanding of Federal and State of Minnesota environmental review requirements.
- Familiarity working with traffic analyses results including operations and forecasting.
- Previous marketing/business development experience including writing proposals for transportation consulting RFPs and preparing for and attending interviews and presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, on-site inspections/visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Previous experience with multi-modal studies and analysis including bicycle and pedestrian plans.
- Previous experience with transit studies and analysis.
- Knowledge of the regional transportation planning/funding process and Federal/regional/local agency roles and interrelationships.
- Knowledge of transportation capacity analysis.
- Knowledge of travel demand forecasting methodology.
For confidential consideration, please apply through the SEH website (https://careers.sehinc.com) or fax resume and salary requirements to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job number when submitting your resume by fax