Job Title: Zoning Administrator
Hiring Agency: City of Forest Lake
Web Link: http://www.ci.forest-lake.mn.us/
Deadline: September 19, 2014
Salary Range: $53,943.07 - $67,428.83
The City of Forest Lake is recruiting for a Zoning Administrator who will facilitate development through the administration of the zoning ordinance, subdivision regulations, shoreland ordinance and related development regulations. The Zoning Administrator will also actively implement the City's comprehensive plan, review development plans, and conduct code enforcement activities. The salary range for the position is $53,943.07 to $67,428.83.
A position description and city employment application can be found at www.ci.forest-lake.mn.us. Applicants are asked to electronically submit a letter of interest, resume, city employment application, and related materials to Deputy Clerk Dan Undem at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due September 19, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Job Title: Community Development Director
Hiring Agency: Brimeyer Fursman
Web Link: http://www.brimgroup.com
Deadline: September 22, 2014
Salary Range: $75,832 - $98,415
Community Development Director, Victoria, MN (pop. ~8,000). Salary Range: $75,832 - $98,415
The City of Victoria is seeking a customer service oriented professional with the capacity to be visionary, personable, and creative. The CDD sought will be a team player who can work effectively across departments.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree (Master's degree is desired) in urban studies, planning, geography, public administration, or similar field and at least five years' experience in performing duties comparable to this position. A combination of formal preparation and experience to perform all aspects of this position that is deemed acceptable by the Council is considered qualified as well.
Position profile is available at www.brimgroup.com.
Send letter of interest and electronic resume to VictoriaCDD@brimgroup.com by September 22, 2014. Finalists selected by the City on October 6. Please direct questions to Richard Fursman at email@example.com or (651) 338-2533.
Job Title: Development Specialist
Hiring Agency: Headwaters Regional Development Commission
Web Link: http://www.hrdc.org/
Deadline: September 26, 2014
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
Headwaters Regional Development Commission, a regional planning and development organization, is looking to add a committed, flexible, hard-working professional to our team. The chosen individual must be passionate about creating successful communities in our five county Region. The position will have an emphasis in community development, land use, natural resources and other physical planning areas. A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, and 2-3 years related experience is preferred, although entry level candidates will be considered.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, and resume, with a minimum of three references by September 26, 2014. We anticipate conducting interviews on or around October 1, 2014. Applications can be mailed to:
Headwaters Regional Development Commission
PO Box 906
Bemidji, MN 56619-0906
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Job Title: Request for Proposals - Active Transportation Plan
Hiring Agency: Wright County Public Health
Web Link: http://mn-wrightcounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/6401
Deadline: October 31, 2014
Salary Range: NA
Brief Summary: The Public Health Departments of Benton, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright County have partnered together under the Statewide Health Improvement Program (SHIP) grant on a regional active transportation effort. We are seeking proposals to develop a Regional Active Transportation Plan that identifies a robust set of strategies that can be implemented by SHIP staff and/or community partners.
For the full project description and application instructions, please go to http://mn-wrightcounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/6401.
Job Title: Community Dev. Director / Planner / Zoning Admin
Hiring Agency: City of Princeton
Web Link: http://www.princetonmn.org/
Salary Range: $52,455 - $65,570
Things are happening in Princeton and we need a community development specialist to keep things moving in the right direction! Princeton (pop. 4,727) is accepting applications for a community development director/planner/zoning administrator to promote economic stability and growth in the City of Princeton. If you have a Bachelor's degree with major coursework in planning, public administration or a related field and at least three years of applicable work experience, please contact us for a complete position description and an application packet. Salary range: $52,455-$65,570. Contact Princeton City Hall by calling (763) 389-2040 or by emailing email@example.com. EOE. The position will stay open until filled.
Application and Job Description is on the City Website located at: www.princetonmn.org.
Job Title: Land Resources Director
Hiring Agency: Pope County
Web Link: http://www.co.pope.mn.us/employment.php?id=23
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $55,785 - $76,003 annual
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK
Performs complex professional and administrative work overseeing all aspects of the Land and Resource Management office including administration of the zoning, subdivision and solid waste ordinances; development and implementation of the comprehensive land use plan and water plan; and administration of grant and loan programs; acting as the primary staff person for the planning advisory commission and board of adjustment and interacts directly with the county board of commissioners, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work involves setting policies and goals under the direction of the County Administration. Departmental supervision is exercised over all personnel within the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers and oversees all operations within the Land and Resource Management Department including supervision of employees and contractors, budgeting, and approving expenses.
- Administers, interprets, enforces, and maintains zoning, subdivision, solid waste, and water surface ordinances. Reviews and approves administrative permits for land use, shore land alteration, and septic disposal.
- Acts as the primary staff person for the Planning Advisory Commission and Board of Adjustment setting agendas, drafting reports and making recommendations on applications.
- Develops and implements the Comprehensive Land Use and Water Plan.
- Implements and administers various efforts related to the Solid Waste Management Program.
- Administers all grants and contracts held by the County through the department including managing budgets, drafting applications and contracts, and reporting on activities and expenditures.
- Maintains significant interactions with homeowners, contractors, developers, real estate agents, title companies, mortgage underwriters, attorneys, subdivision associations, lake associations, state agencies, and the media on a variety of topics related to land use, natural resources, and planning.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Working knowledge of planning practices, environmental issues and legal principals as these relate to land use and development; ability to interpret and analyze technical and statistical information and to prepare and present technical oral and written reports; basic understanding of financial principles including budgeting and evaluating expenses and revenues; excellent skill communicating orally and in writing; ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates, government officials, other agencies and the general public; general knowledge of public processes including a basic understanding of standard rules of order and experiences with public or board meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with coursework in natural resource, planning, architecture, engineering, or related field and considerable experience in a leadership position within a county or municipal planning and zoning office or public administration government agency or quasi-governmental entity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
This work requires the frequent exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work requires depth perception, color perception and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, using of measuring devices, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Valid driver's license in the State of Minnesota.
Submit a job application form, resume, cover letter, and three professional references, directly to: Pope County Human Resources, 130 Minnesota Ave E., Suite 210, Glenwood, MN 56334 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org (list job title in the subject line of your email). All applicants are subject to a background check. Open until filled. Go to www.co.pope.mn.us for job application form.
Job Title: Urban Planner/Project Planner
Hiring Agency: MSA Professional Services
Web Link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/
Salary Range: Depends of Experience Level
MSA Professional Services, Inc. is an employee owned multi-disciplined consulting firm with over 300 employees in four states focused on developing better ideas to implement better solutions for our clients. We work with municipalities and government agencies to improve and maintain an exceptional quality of life for people across the Upper Midwest.
We are currently seeking a full-time employee to work with our municipal clients to provide planning and funding assistance for a variety of clients. This person will collaborate with engineering staff in our Minnesota offices and leaders of our multi-state community planning practice to help grow our planning services in Minnesota. MSA provides planning and design services to public and private clients in a variety of settings and addresses issues ranging from transportation and land use to economic development and park planning.
Location: St Paul, MN
- Identify and evaluate potential community planning clients and projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff and elected officials in target communities
- Write and edit community planning project scopes and proposals
- Serve as project manager and principal planner for Minnesota planning projects
- Attend and facilitate public meetings and project committee meetings
- Write and produce plan documents with assistance as needed from planners in other offices
- Participate as a member of APA-MN
- Participate in MSA's Planning "Community of Practice"
- Identify project funding opportunities (for planning, engineering, or construction) and assist with grant applications as needed.
- Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration, or related degree is required
- 5 or more years of planning experience including comprehensive plans, amendments, and neighborhood/downtown planning required
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills required
- A track record of successful project management, public meeting facilitation, and marketing experience is preferred
- Minnesota municipal funding or grant knowledge would be a plus
Apply with your resume and cover letter at www.msa-ps.com. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOTís Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at email@example.com or 952-402-9202.
Job Title: Planner/Landscape Architect
Hiring Agency: Hoisington Koegler Group inc.
Web Link: http://www.hkgi.com
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
HKGi is seeking a creative, energetic planner/landscape architect with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our team. Candidate should possess strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills including experience preparing design related reports and exhibits with InDesign and Photoshop. HTML and GIS experience a plus. The candidate will contribute to a large variety of project types including urban design, community planning, parks, recreation and open space planning, and supporting ongoing marketing efforts related to the preparation of proposals. Support of Project Managers and Principals with key planning and landscape architecture projects. Limited project management for smaller scale projects with the opportunity to grow into a larger project management position over time.
Candidate should be a self-motivated well rounded professional with a combination of personal, professional, and technical skills sharing a similar motivation for advancing our practice and profession. HKGi offers a great, bike friendly office environment and close proximity to transit.
Desired Qualifications: Accredited program degree required plus 3 to 5 years of experience
Submit in pdf format: cover letter, resume, references, work samples, and writing/graphic design samples via email to Paul Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.