Job Title: Economic Development Manager
Hiring Agency: City of Edina, Minnesota
Web Link: www.edinaMN.gov/grandview
Deadline: August 11, 2014
Salary Range: TBD
Known for innovative public-private partnerships, the City of Edina seeks a Development Partner for the next great neighborhood amenity.
The 3.3 acre City-owned site is envisioned to host complementary public and private uses. It is a unique and singular opportunity to create a major public realm amenity that provides a signature gathering space in the heart of Edina's GrandView District.
Together with the City, the Development Partner will prepare development scenarios with cooperative public and private uses and then implement the preferred option.
Letters of Interest (10-pages maximum) will be accepted until 4:30 PM on Monday August 11, 2014.
The complete RFI and additional information is posted at: www.edinaMN.gov/grandview.
Job Title: Request for Proposals - Trail Planning/Feasibility
Hiring Agency: City of Hermantown, MN
Web Link: http://www.hermantownmn.com/
Deadline: August 15, 2014
Salary Range: NA
Request for Proposals to conduct a planning and feasibility study for the Munger Trail Spur Connection trail.
The study will focus on the development of a paved, non-motorized trail connecting the planned trail systems of each city with the Munger Trail and the Cross-City Trail in Duluth, Minnesota. Details available at the City of Hermantown website at www.hermantownmn.com or the link above.
Please submit proposal in accordance with the requirements found in the RFP document. Proposals are due at Hermantown City Hall not later than August 15, 2014.
Job Title: RFQ - Oxford St Redevelelopment Plan
Hiring Agency: City of Worthington
Web Link: http://www.ci.worthington.mn.us/public-notice/2014/07/31/oxford-street-redevelopment-plan
Deadline: August 21, 2014
Salary Range: NA
The City of Worthington is seeking a qualified planning firm with experience in redevelopment planning to assist with the creation of the Oxford Street Redevelopment Plan.
Interested and qualified firms are invited to submit a Statement of Qualifications for this project as outlined in the RFQ, which is available through the provided web link. The submittal deadline is August 21, 2014.
Job Title: Community Planner
Hiring Agency: WSB & Associates, Inc.
Web Link: http://www.wsbeng.com/careers/current-openings/45
Deadline: open until filled
Salary Range: NA
What You Will Do: You will help grow our planning and economic development team by providing planning services to our municipal clients. Specific work tasks include: data analysis and collection, the review of land use applications, preparation of staff reports, plan and ordinance writing, project and long range planning, project management, business development, and other duties related to planning and economic development.
To apply, send your resume to:
WSB & Associates, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
701 Xenia Avenue South, Suite 300
Minneapolis, MN 55416
Job Title: Urban Planner/Project Planner
Hiring Agency: MSA Professional Services
Web Link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/
Salary Range: Depends of Experience Level
MSA Professional Services, Inc. is an employee owned multi-disciplined consulting firm with over 300 employees in four states focused on developing better ideas to implement better solutions for our clients. We work with municipalities and government agencies to improve and maintain an exceptional quality of life for people across the Upper Midwest.
We are currently seeking a full-time employee to work with our municipal clients to provide planning and funding assistance for a variety of clients. This person will collaborate with engineering staff in our Minnesota offices and leaders of our multi-state community planning practice to help grow our planning services in Minnesota. MSA provides planning and design services to public and private clients in a variety of settings and addresses issues ranging from transportation and land use to economic development and park planning.
Location: St Paul, MN
- Identify and evaluate potential community planning clients and projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff and elected officials in target communities
- Write and edit community planning project scopes and proposals
- Serve as project manager and principal planner for Minnesota planning projects
- Attend and facilitate public meetings and project committee meetings
- Write and produce plan documents with assistance as needed from planners in other offices
- Participate as a member of APA-MN
- Participate in MSA's Planning "Community of Practice"
- Identify project funding opportunities (for planning, engineering, or construction) and assist with grant applications as needed.
- Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration, or related degree is required
- 5 or more years of planning experience including comprehensive plans, amendments, and neighborhood/downtown planning required
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills required
- A track record of successful project management, public meeting facilitation, and marketing experience is preferred
- Minnesota municipal funding or grant knowledge would be a plus
Apply with your resume and cover letter at www.msa-ps.com. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOTís Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-402-9202.