Job Title: Planner
Hiring Agency: City of Bloomington
Web Link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/bloomingtonmn/default.cfm
Deadline: October 23, 2014
Salary Range: $4,908 - $5,155/monthly
The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to prepare long range plans and update City Codes. To a lesser extent, the position will assist with reviewing development proposals and respond to customer inquiries; develop and make professional and effective recommendations on planning projects to Commissions and City Council; and will insure orderly, positive and effective development consistent with City plans and policies.
Applications MUST be filed online at BloomingtonMN.gov.
Job Title: Planner
Hiring Agency: Wood County
Web Link: http://www.co.wood.wi.us/Departments/HR/JobDetail.aspx?JobListingID=26
Deadline: October 24, 2014
Salary Range: $21.15 to $27.19/hr
The Wood County Planning and Zoning Department has an opening for a full-time Planner position. The primary purpose of this position is to provide planning services to Wood County and municipalities within its jurisdiction, participate in land records modernization projects and perform special planning/zoning projects. Enables Wood County to remain eligible for a variety of grant programs and compliant with state and federal planning requirements and other regulations.
*See job description for complete list and duties.
For more information, visit http://www.co.wood.wi.us. Materials may also be obtained in the Human Resources Department, Wood County Courthouse, Room 204, 400 Market Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495. Telephone: 715-421-8457 DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, October 24, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.
Job Title: Request for Proposals - Active Transportation Plan
Hiring Agency: Wright County Public Health
Web Link: http://mn-wrightcounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/6401
Deadline: October 31, 2014
Salary Range: NA
Brief Summary: The Public Health Departments of Benton, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright County have partnered together under the Statewide Health Improvement Program (SHIP) grant on a regional active transportation effort. We are seeking proposals to develop a Regional Active Transportation Plan that identifies a robust set of strategies that can be implemented by SHIP staff and/or community partners.
For the full project description and application instructions, please go to http://mn-wrightcounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/6401.
Job Title: Program Manager - Bottineau Community Works
Hiring Agency: Hennepin County
Web Link: http://www.hennepin.jobs
Deadline: November 5, 2014
Salary Range: $61,538 - $95,792
HCWT is seeking a strategic leader with substantive experience in community development and project management to develop and manage the Bottineau Community Works Program.
This position will work collaboratively with cities and other partners along the Bottineau Corridor to conduct station planning for the areas within one-half mile of each of the planned Bottineau light rail train (LRT) stations.The Bottineau Corridor includes a proposed 13 mile LRT line with up to 11 stations, extending from Target Field Station in Downtown Minneapolis, and serves the communities of North Minneapolis, Golden Valley, Robbinsdale, Crystal, and Brooklyn Park.
This is a limited duration (temporary) with benefits position which will include some evening and potentially weekend meetings as part of this position. These can be at various locations around the county, some of which are not serviced by public transportation.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in public administration, transportation planning, urban/city planning, public policy, public affairs, public health or related degree and at least (6) years of related experience in project management, community development, real estate development, planning and/or engineering
- A valid driver's license
- Knowledge of:
- City neighborhood planning and zoning processes
- Federal Transit Administration's New Starts Program and evaluation criteria
- The issues of surrounding neighborhoods and demonstrated understanding of racial/ethnic disparities
- Strong communication and presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences
Hennepin County offers life work balance and stability. Benefits include: comprehensive health and wellness package, employee discounts, retirement preparation and saving plans, various insurance protection, family benefits, tuition reimbursement, and more.
To view the complete posting and access the online application process, visit our website at www.hennepin.jobs. The position is open until 5 p.m. Wednesday, November 5, 2014.
Job Title: Land Resources Director
Hiring Agency: Pope County
Web Link: http://www.co.pope.mn.us/employment.php?id=23
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $55,785 - $76,003 annual
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK
Performs complex professional and administrative work overseeing all aspects of the Land and Resource Management office including administration of the zoning, subdivision and solid waste ordinances; development and implementation of the comprehensive land use plan and water plan; and administration of grant and loan programs; acting as the primary staff person for the planning advisory commission and board of adjustment and interacts directly with the county board of commissioners, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work involves setting policies and goals under the direction of the County Administration. Departmental supervision is exercised over all personnel within the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers and oversees all operations within the Land and Resource Management Department including supervision of employees and contractors, budgeting, and approving expenses.
- Administers, interprets, enforces, and maintains zoning, subdivision, solid waste, and water surface ordinances. Reviews and approves administrative permits for land use, shore land alteration, and septic disposal.
- Acts as the primary staff person for the Planning Advisory Commission and Board of Adjustment setting agendas, drafting reports and making recommendations on applications.
- Develops and implements the Comprehensive Land Use and Water Plan.
- Implements and administers various efforts related to the Solid Waste Management Program.
- Administers all grants and contracts held by the County through the department including managing budgets, drafting applications and contracts, and reporting on activities and expenditures.
- Maintains significant interactions with homeowners, contractors, developers, real estate agents, title companies, mortgage underwriters, attorneys, subdivision associations, lake associations, state agencies, and the media on a variety of topics related to land use, natural resources, and planning.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Working knowledge of planning practices, environmental issues and legal principals as these relate to land use and development; ability to interpret and analyze technical and statistical information and to prepare and present technical oral and written reports; basic understanding of financial principles including budgeting and evaluating expenses and revenues; excellent skill communicating orally and in writing; ability to maintain effective working relationships with associates, government officials, other agencies and the general public; general knowledge of public processes including a basic understanding of standard rules of order and experiences with public or board meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with coursework in natural resource, planning, architecture, engineering, or related field and considerable experience in a leadership position within a county or municipal planning and zoning office or public administration government agency or quasi-governmental entity, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
This work requires the frequent exertion of up to 10 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work requires depth perception, color perception and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, using of measuring devices, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Valid driver's license in the State of Minnesota.
Submit a job application form, resume, cover letter, and three professional references, directly to: Pope County Human Resources, 130 Minnesota Ave E., Suite 210, Glenwood, MN 56334 or email to email@example.com (list job title in the subject line of your email). All applicants are subject to a background check. Open until filled. Go to www.co.pope.mn.us for job application form.
Job Title: Urban Planner/Project Planner
Hiring Agency: MSA Professional Services
Web Link: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/
Salary Range: Depends of Experience Level
MSA Professional Services, Inc. is an employee owned multi-disciplined consulting firm with over 300 employees in four states focused on developing better ideas to implement better solutions for our clients. We work with municipalities and government agencies to improve and maintain an exceptional quality of life for people across the Upper Midwest.
We are currently seeking a full-time employee to work with our municipal clients to provide planning and funding assistance for a variety of clients. This person will collaborate with engineering staff in our Minnesota offices and leaders of our multi-state community planning practice to help grow our planning services in Minnesota. MSA provides planning and design services to public and private clients in a variety of settings and addresses issues ranging from transportation and land use to economic development and park planning.
Location: St Paul, MN
- Identify and evaluate potential community planning clients and projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff and elected officials in target communities
- Write and edit community planning project scopes and proposals
- Serve as project manager and principal planner for Minnesota planning projects
- Attend and facilitate public meetings and project committee meetings
- Write and produce plan documents with assistance as needed from planners in other offices
- Participate as a member of APA-MN
- Participate in MSA's Planning "Community of Practice"
- Identify project funding opportunities (for planning, engineering, or construction) and assist with grant applications as needed.
- Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration, or related degree is required
- 5 or more years of planning experience including comprehensive plans, amendments, and neighborhood/downtown planning required
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills required
- A track record of successful project management, public meeting facilitation, and marketing experience is preferred
- Minnesota municipal funding or grant knowledge would be a plus
Apply with your resume and cover letter at www.msa-ps.com. MSA is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOTís Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-402-9202.
Job Title: Planner/Landscape Architect
Hiring Agency: Hoisington Koegler Group inc.
Web Link: http://www.hkgi.com
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
HKGi is seeking a creative, energetic planner/landscape architect with 3 to 5 years of experience to join our team. Candidate should possess strong graphic, written, and verbal communication skills including experience preparing design related reports and exhibits with InDesign and Photoshop. HTML and GIS experience a plus. The candidate will contribute to a large variety of project types including urban design, community planning, parks, recreation and open space planning, and supporting ongoing marketing efforts related to the preparation of proposals. Support of Project Managers and Principals with key planning and landscape architecture projects. Limited project management for smaller scale projects with the opportunity to grow into a larger project management position over time.
Candidate should be a self-motivated well rounded professional with a combination of personal, professional, and technical skills sharing a similar motivation for advancing our practice and profession. HKGi offers a great, bike friendly office environment and close proximity to transit.
Desired Qualifications: Accredited program degree required plus 3 to 5 years of experience
Submit in pdf format: cover letter, resume, references, work samples, and writing/graphic design samples via email to Paul Paige at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Job Title: Senior Transportation Planner
Hiring Agency: WSB & Associates, Inc.
Web Link: http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/58513?source=ccp&key=LV%2ftT8zjYzC8tscZXH58YOylHb65Q4VjefRwlwTQeEE%3d
Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
We are seeking a Senior Transportation Planner for our Minneapolis office.
What You Will Do: As a Senior Transportation Planner, you will lead environmental and transportation planning projects of all sizes. You will develop and maintain excellent client relationships with industry contacts for marketing and business development purposes through in-person and electronic communications. You will also create, track and meet project budgets and schedules which often include working with other functions and directing the work of less-experienced staff. You will use your excellent written communication skills to: prepare requests for proposals, technical reports and memos; develop materials for public and agency meetings; correspond with internal staff and clients; meet with stakeholders; and coordinate with multiple stakeholder groups. Your presentation and public speaking skills will help as you lead proposal interviews, stakeholder activities and public meetings; communicate and interact with the public, clients and sub-consultants.
You will apply transportation methods, planning principles, standard industry evaluations and analyses to produce transportation projects of all sizes. Typical analyses require an understanding of functional classification, roadway jurisdiction, crashes, future traffic projections/forecasts, capacity, benefit-cost analyses, multi-modal integration, alternatives evaluation, socio-economic data and environmental impacts. Projects will include corridor studies, bicycle and pedestrian plans, transportation plans, sub-area plans, environmental documents and components of larger community planning efforts.
What You Will Bring: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program and their AICP certification and/or a Minnesota PE license. The successful candidate will have seven years' experience in a broad base of transportation planning practices, activities and studies to include writing federal environmental documents and transportation / corridor plans. Our preferred candidate will have their Master's degree in transportation, urban planning, civil engineering or related field from an accredited program.
Who We Are: WSB is an energetic professional consulting and design firm with offices in Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Northfield and Bismarck. We were named to the StarTribune's Top 100 Workplaces in Minnesota for the second consecutive year! WSB has more than 250 staff members who provide diverse engineering, planning, environmental, and construction services to clients in the government, energy, and commercial markets. Our services also include GIS, landscape architecture, right of way, and surveying.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on-line at http://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/jobapplication/58513?appsource=mnapa.