Lunning Wende Associates an architecture and planning firm located in Lowertown, Saint Paul (275 East Fourth Street, Suite 620) has three workstations for lease. Great natural light. On the new Central Corridor light rail line. Engaged professional studio environment. Additionally: reception area, conference room, small kitchen, copier and plotter. Access to our phone system can be arranged. Workstations average size is 8x10 feet with additional storage. $300/month/each.
Contact Scott Wende: 651.221.0915 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Request for Proposal - 2014 Comprehensive Plan Update
Hiring Agency: City of St. Cloud
Web Link: http://ci.stcloud.mn.us/index.aspx?nid=88
Deadline: March 17, 2014
Salary Range: NA
The City of St. Cloud is requesting proposals from qualified firms with considerable experience in community design, land use and environmental planning, economic analysis, and citizen involvement/participation to update its Comprehensive Plan.
Four paper copies and one digital copy (email or CD) of the proposals are required. The proposals shall be retained by the City and will not be returned. Sealed envelopes marked "Request for Proposals, 2014 Comprehensive Plan Update", with the proponents name and address on the upper left hand corner of the envelope will be received by the City Clerk's Office at 400 2nd Street South prior to noon on March 17, 2014. Faxed or emailed proposals will not be accepted.
Job Title: Community Development Director
Hiring Agency: City of Orono
Web Link: www.ci.orono.mn.us
Deadline: March 21, 2014
Salary Range: $65,947 to $87,930 plus benefits
The City of Orono is seeking candidates for the position of Community Development Director. This leadership position is responsible for managing the effective delivery of service relating to all development. Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree in Urban Planning or a related field; and six years of experience in planning activities. Preferred candidates will have excellent management abilities and supervisory experience. Additional requirements are listed in the job description from the City's website at www.ci.orono.mn.us.
To ensure consideration a cover letter, current resume and completed City application is required by March 21, 2014 to: City Administrator, City of Orono, 2750 Kelley Parkway, Orono, MN 55356. Download the employment application and job description from the City's website at www.ci.orono.mn.us.
Job Title: Community Development Manager
Hiring Agency: St. Louis County
Web Link: http://stlouiscountymn.gov/GOVERNMENT/Employment/CurrentJobPostings.aspx
Deadline: March 21, 2014
Salary Range: $27.62 - $32.20
An employee in this class is responsible for developing and overseeing housing and community development projects, allocating and monitoring budget resources, maintaining compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations, and supervising assigned staff. The work is performed under the general direction of assigned supervisory staff.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in public administration, business administration, economics, planning, urban studies, or a closely related field, AND five years of full-time, verifiable, increasingly responsible, professional work in field; OR a Master's degree in public administration, business administration, economics, planning, urban studies, or closely related field, AND three years of full-time verifiable, increasingly responsible, professional work in field.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
For more information and to apply online please visit us at: http://stlouiscountymn.gov/GOVERNMENT/Employment/CurrentJobPostings.aspx.
Job Title: Community Development Director
Hiring Agency: City of Roseville
Web Link: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/roseville/default.cfm
Deadline: March 25, 2014
Salary Range: $98,883.20 - $119,142.40
City of Roseville seeks a Community Development Director responsible for the organization and direction of all operations for the department. This position plans, promotes, and directs a variety of technical, administrative, and supervisory work in planning, organizing, directing, and implementing of the city’s long range planning, economic development, housing programs, project planning and review, zoning and land use compliance, GIS data management and coordination and building code enforcement activities.
Minimum job requirements are an advanced education equivalent to a master's degree or specialist certification in urban and regional planning, business, economic development, or equivalent and 7 - 8 years of related experience with at least two years in an executive leadership role, or equivalent. Experience in a municipal setting is preferred. Must have a valid driver's license and own transportation. Travel within the City or region to work with the community or attend meetings is likely to occur daily which will require use of a personal vehicle and attendance at evening and weekend meetings and events is required.
City application is required: Refer to online posting for further details and to apply at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/roseville/default.cfm.
Job Title: RFP Development Code Update
Hiring Agency: Mille Lacs County
Web Link: http://www.co.mille-lacs.mn.us/
Deadline: Noon, March 26, 2014
Salary Range: NA
Mille Lacs County is seeking a consultant or team of consultants to facilitate the update of the County's Development (zoning) Code standards and map. The Consultant will work with a sixteen (16) member resident Steering Committee to complete the work. The County is seeking a process that encourages significant public input to the changes.
See Request for Proposal for response submittal requirements.
Job Title: Planning & Community Services Manager
Hiring Agency: City of Cedar Falls, Iowa
Web Link: www.cedarfalls.com/jobs
Deadline: March 28, 2014
Salary Range: $73,361 - $108,960
Manage/oversee the activities and operations of the Planning and Community Services divisions, including code enforcement, within the City’s Developmental Services Department. Position prepares and oversees the City’s long range, comprehensive and special plans; writes/revises planning and zoning related ordinances, reports and presentations; attends meetings for and provides guidance/support to a variety of boards, commissions and City Council; adheres to, advises and communicates planning related laws, regulations, ordinances and codes; serves as the City’s zoning administrator and City Planner.
Submit completed application form from website along with resume and cover letter to City of Cedar Falls Administrative Services department. More information on the application procedure can be found at www.cedarfalls.com/jobs.
Job Title: Senior Transportation Planner
Hiring Agency: St. Cloud Area Planning Organization
Web Link: www.stcloudapo.org
Deadline: March 31, 2014
Salary Range: $54,262 to $77,232 DOQ
The St. Cloud Area Planning Organization (APO) is the federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the St. Cloud, Minnesota Urbanized Area. The APO is seeking a self-motivated individual to assist with a variety of transportation planning related activities. The APO provides a positive work environment with excellent benefits. Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and coordinate the development of the APO's Long-Range Transportation Plan.
- Lead and coordinate the development of the APO's Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- Lead, coordinate, and chair the activities of the APO's Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).
- Lead and develop activities of the APO Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee.
- Coordinate APO transportation planning activities with State and federal agencies and with local units of government.
- Monitor and coordinate consultant work on transportation planning studies.
- Develop and maintain the APO website and Facebook pages.
- Assist with a variety of transportation planning activities.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning or closely related field, and three years of experience in transportation planning or urban planning. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Master's degree in Urban and Regional Planning
- Five or more years of MPO transportation planning experience
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification
- Proven experience with development of long range transportation plans, TIPs, and corridor studies
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven technical writing ability
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills
- Proficiency in a number of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database software, ESRI ArcGIS software, and website development
Supplemental material questions are included below and are required to be submitted by the application deadline. Send cover letter, résumé, and supplemental material responses as requested no later than Monday, March 31, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. to: St. Cloud Area Planning Organization, Attn.: Personnel Committee, 1040 County Road 4, Saint Cloud, MN 56303 or to email@example.com.
Required Supplemental Material:
Please describe your understanding, qualifications, and experience in the following areas.
- Working knowledge of the theory and practice of comprehensive regional and community planning, including the relationship of transportation to land use and economic development.
- Working knowledge of the theory and practice of performance based transportation planning and investment management.
- Fluency in English language sufficient to communicate effectively with stakeholders and the general public both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and applications in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and in the use of GIS technology for planning, research, and analysis.
Job Title: Request For Proposals: West Dickinson Subarea Plan
Hiring Agency: City of Dickinson
Web Link: www.dickinsongov.com
Deadline: April 4, 2014, 5:00 p.m. MST
Salary Range: NA
The City of Dickinson, North Dakota is soliciting proposals (RFP) from firms interested in providing a Subarea Plan evaluating land use, transportation, capital facilities, infrastructure and utilities, community facilities and an annexation plan. The Subarea Plan will be incorporated into the City's 2035 Comprehensive Plan. RFP information is available on the City's website www.dickinsongov.com.
All proposals must contain the requisite information outlined in the RFP and be received by the City of Dickinson no later than 5:00 pm on April 4, 2014. No postmarked submittals will be accepted after the closing date. Interested parties may obtain the RFP through the City's website (www.dickinsongov.com).
Job Title: Long Range Transportation Plan RFP
Hiring Agency: Mankato North Mankato Area Planning Organization
Web Link: http://www.mankato-mn.gov/mapo/Page.aspx
Deadline: April 10, 2014
Salary Range: NA
Notice is hereby given that the Mankato/North Mankato Area Planning Organization (MAPO) is seeking the services of a qualified consultant. The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit responses from qualified consulting firms interested in the respective services, as described in the proposal for the purposes of conducting the MAPO's 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP). The firm selected must have experience and expertise in long range transportation planning, public involvement, level of service analysis, development impact review and a clear understanding of the MPO planning process and federal and state requirements.
The request for proposal is available on the MAPO's web-site http://www.mankato-mn.gov/mapo/Page.aspx or available in person at the Inter Governmental Center (IGC) located at 10 Civic Center Plaza, Mankato, MN 56001. Any inquiries regarding this notice should be directed to Paul Vogel MAPO's Executive Director by call (507) 387-8613 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals can be sent to the MAPO's Office located at 10 Civic Center Plaza, Mankato, MN 56001 by 4:30 pm Thursday, April 10, 2014
Job Title: Planner
Hiring Agency: Landform
Web Link: http://www.landform.net/planner.html
Salary Range: DOQ
Landform, a multi-disciplinary consulting firm in Minneapolis seeks creative, quick-thinking planners to provide land use planning services for public and private sector clients.
A bachelor degree in planning, urban design, public administration or similar field required; experience with municipal community development, economic development or urban planning desired; ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, agencies and clients; strong written and oral communication skills required. GIS experience desired. Previous municipal experience desired.
Please send resume to:
Contact: Michelle Chapman
Company Address: 105 South 5th Avenue Minneapolis, MN 55401
Job Title: Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Manager
Hiring Agency: Stonebrooke Engineering
Web Link: http://www.stonebrookeengineering.com/careers/transportation-planning-and-traffic-engineering-manager/
Salary Range: Varies based on experience
Stonebrooke Engineering is seeking a qualified Civil Engineering or Planning candidate with 10+ years of experience working on, leading, and/or acting as project principal on municipal and transportation projects, with an emphasis in several or all of the following:
- Traffic operations, roundabout safety and operations, and signal timing
- Traffic safety analysis, road safety audits, and safety planning
- Permanent signing, striping, lighting, and traffic signal design
- Temporary traffic control design
- ITS design
- Corridor studies, alternative analysis, and traffic impact studies
- Multi-modal planning studies and implementation
- Applied research and implementation
Candidates should currently be licensed Professional Engineers (PE) or an AICP Certified Planners in the State of Minnesota, or have the ability to obtain such licensure within 12 months. Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) certification is a plus.
This is the lead position for all transportation planning and traffic engineering activities at Stonebrooke. Initially this position will primarily involve leading and assisting on various civil engineering projects in a production role, following design standards and agency technical requirements, creating traffic operations and safety plans and reports, communicating with clients, presenting at project related meetings and conferences, and performing a variety of other assignments related to municipal, transportation, research, and planning projects. The person in this position will also lead and assist on developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, requests for qualifications, etc.
Concurrent with production role activities, the successful candidate will assist Stonebrooke's leadership team on developing and implementing a vision for the growth of the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section. It is expected that as Stonebrooke grows, and particularly as the Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering section grows, a greater share of the person's time in this position will be spent on leadership and personnel issues, mentoring, marketing, and business development. Project related work will continue to be a priority, but proportionally will represent a smaller share of job duties.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of some or all of the following attributes:
- A work hard, play hard attitude and a desire to help guide the growth of Stonebrooke.
- A commitment to engineering and advocating for reasonable and responsible solutions.
- Demonstrated success as a group or section leader.
- Demonstrated success developing responses to requests for proposals, letters of interest, and requests for qualifications.
- Traffic signal, lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, and/or ITS design experience.
- Familiarity with traffic and roundabout operations, and traffic safety evaluation reports
- Experience with planning activities, which may include corridor studies, alternatives analyses, multi-modal studies, development driven traffic impact studies, Minnesota county and city comprehensive or transportation plans, and road safety audits.
- Knowledge of macroscopic and microscopic traffic operations modeling software (i.e. Synchro/Sim Traffic, RODEL, Highway Capacity Software, VISSIM, etc.).
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling software such as Tranplan, TRIPS, TP+, and CUBE VOYAGER.
- Knowledge of CADD software, including MicroStation and/or AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of the MNMUTCD, Highway Capacity Manual, AASHTO Highway Safety Manual, ITE Trip Generation Manual, and MnDOT’s Traffic Engineering, Signals, and Lighting Manuals. Working knowledge of the MnDOT Road Design Manual and AASHTO Green Book is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience working on federal aid and state aid projects, including familiarity with federal, state, and local processes, policies, standards, and regulations.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Stonebrooke Engineering is a growing civil engineering firm seeking motivated individuals looking for career advancement opportunities.
To express interest in this position, contact Brenda Arvidson at email@example.com or 952-402-9202.
Job Title: Senior Planner
Hiring Agency: SEH Inc.
Web Link: https://careers.sehinc.com/
Salary Range: TBD
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is a multi-disciplined firm of engineers, architects, planners, and scientists known for our comprehensive technical capabilities and superior client service, which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We've been in business for 85 years serving both public and private clients from more than 30 offices across the Midwest, Colorado, and Wyoming.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a team that provides exceptional service to our clients, and we have an immediate Full-Time opportunity for a Sr Planner within our Transportation Planning Practice Center located in St Paul, MN.
Responsibilities for this position include conducting transportation planning studies, environmental documentation and corridor studies. The environmental documentation will include state Environmental Assessment Worksheets and federal Categorical Exclusions, Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements. This position will work independently and as part of teams to prepare draft and final corridor studies, project reports, technical memos and assist in marketing all types of transportation planning consulting projects. The qualified individual will interact with clients on behalf of the company on projects including project meetings, public meetings and workshops.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or Planning with an emphasis in transportation or related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of consulting and/or public sector experience in transportation planning.
- Licensed Professional Engineer and/or Certified Planner in the State of Minnesota or the ability to obtain registration within six months of employment.
- Understanding of Federal and State of Minnesota environmental review requirements.
- Familiarity working with traffic analyses results including operations and forecasting.
- Previous marketing/business development experience including writing proposals for transportation consulting RFPs and preparing for and attending interviews and presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, on-site inspections/visits, etc.; Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Previous experience with multi-modal studies and analysis including bicycle and pedestrian plans.
- Previous experience with transit studies and analysis.
- Knowledge of the regional transportation planning/funding process and Federal/regional/local agency roles and interrelationships.
- Knowledge of transportation capacity analysis.
- Knowledge of travel demand forecasting methodology.
For confidential consideration, please apply through the SEH website (https://careers.sehinc.com) or fax resume and salary requirements to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job number when submitting your resume by fax